Tuesday, April 7, 2009

llot llov

Originally I wanted I wanted to blog about fairy lights then I stumbled over these guys, llot llov, a bunch of product designers from Germany. I just adore their playful take on lighting fixtures.

These whimsical creations are called Matt. They are made to be played with. The knitting mixed with a no-heat-emitting bulb makes them ever so touchable.

And here, Matt's bigger brother Ray.

This creation they made for an installation.


This ornate metal fixture attaches to the light fitting and casts shadows reflecting the idea of a ceiling rosette.

Its successful because it's simple.

Having recently moved place myself I wish I had one of these. A makeshift table. A metal cut-out wrapped around a cardboard box. A handy temporary table that would probably stick around a lot longer than the packing boxes.

1 comment:

  1. That last pic is fantastic......seriously thinking of re working it for my lounge

    ReplyDelete