Friday, April 10, 2009

Cardboard! Cardboard!

Cardboard is a great material. We are surrounded by it constantly but most often as throw-away packaging. It's that disposable, recyclable quality that I find so attractive. Today I wanted to look at something a bot more semi-permanent. Cardboard furniture.

The three designs below are put together by foldschool, free designs intended for parents to put together for their kids. Great pieces that the kids can play with and draw all over. Once they have grown out of or destroyed them, just throw them into the recycling.

chair

stool

rocker

Kapteinbolt have put together this semi-perminant cardboard clothing display. I would love to see it installed in a shop and I could do with one in my place at the moment.



And to top off this dedication to cardboard a whole office made of cardboard. The Nothing Office. Nothing, an ad agency based in Amsterdam, wanted to use the most "Nothing-material", ecofriendly and recylable. This is the philosophy they aspire to. It reminds me of being a kid and building houses out of fridge boxes. All I ever wanted was to be able to build a second level and these people have so in my eyes it's perfect!


(awesome!)


And a little something for your cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment